Updated: April 2021
What does a 4J0X2 do?
Manages and directs personnel, materiel, and equipment. Administers patient care activities in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and orthotic services. Implements treatment plans and coordinates activities to ensure efficient and effective programs associated with patient care delivery programs.
Where and How Long is the Tech School For a 4J0X2?
81 Days - Ft Sam Houston, TX
Physical Therapist Assistant
What Does the 4J0X2 Duty Badge Look Like?
Enlisted Medical Badge
What are the Demographics for the 4J0X2 Career Field?
What are the Requirements to Become a 4J0X2?
- For entry into AFSC 4J0X2A, prior qualification at the 5-skill level in AFSC 4J0X2.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities For a 4J0X2?
Plans, implements and manages physical therapy, occupational therapy, and orthotic services. Maintains high care standards and ethical conduct while working as part of a patient care team. Participates in planning, providing and evaluating patient care Interventions. Utilizes therapeutic principles to restore function and support activities of daily living. Conducts treatments utilizing special equipment, modalities, and other treatment procedures. Fabricates splints and aid devices to protect or assist patient in achieving optimal independent physical function. Constructs orthoses for spine, upper, and lower limbs; casts and corrects shoes as prescribed by a privileged provider. Gathers and documents performance data. Observes, records, and reports patient responses to treatment. Assists therapist with evaluations, tests, measurements, procedures, and wound and burn care.
Performs, assists with, or manages physical therapy, occupational therapy and orthotic services administration and all related activities to assure effective and efficient delivery of patient care and programs. Supervises and conducts continuing education and in-service and upgrade training. Oversees and participates in process improvement efforts to boost clinic efficiency.
Manages material and equipment. Recommends need for resource requirements. Submits annual budget. Ensures compliance with inspection and maintenance procedures, and safeguards equipment. Provides quality patient care in an ethical, legal, safe, sanitary, caring and efficient environment.
What Are the Specialty Qualifications for a 4J0X2?
Knowledge. Knowledge is mandatory of: sciences including physical, physiological, anatomical, social, and behavioral; basic and clinical sciences, including laboratory or other practical experience; testing and treatment procedures constituting scope of physical medicine and orthotic scope of practice; therapeutic modalities; orthotic laboratory equipment; medical terminology; communication skills and instruction methods; basic medical logistics procedures; administrative procedures; and medical ethics.
Education. For entry into this specialty, completion of high school or college courses in human anatomy and physiology, biology, and physical science is desirable.
Training. For award of AFSC 4J032, completion of physical medicine course is mandatory.
For award of 4J032A, completion of an orthotic apprentice course is mandatory.
Experience. The following experience is mandatory for award of the AFSC indicated:
- 4J032A. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J052 or higher.
- 4J052. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J032. Also, experience in functions such as administering patient care.
- 4J052A. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J032A. Also, experience in functions such as fabricating, adjusting, and repairing orthopedic orthoses.
- 4J072. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J052. Also, experience performing or supervising functions within the physical therapy or occupational therapy element.
- 4J072A. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J052A. Also, experience performing or supervising functions within the orthotic element.
- 4J090. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 4J072 or 4J072A. Also, experience managing functions within the physical therapy, occupational therapy, or orthotic element.
What Are the Different Specialties (Shredouts) for 4J0X2?
What Are the Possible Assignments for 4J032?
What Are the Possible Assignments for 4J032A?