Updated: Oct 2019
Develops, evaluates, monitors, and supervises logistics plans and programs including war readiness materiel (WRM), deployments, employment, and support planning and agreements.
Airman Vision Overview (Be sure to subscribe to Kyle Gott's Channel)
27 Days - Lackland AFB
Logistics Plans Badge
For Entry Into This Specialty
- Retraining into the 2G0XX career field within the Air Force Reserve is restricted to the grades of E-6 and below with less than 10 years of Total Federal Military Service.
- Ability to speak distinctly and communicate well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Specialty requires routine access to Secret material or similar environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs logistics adaptive planning processes. Develops and supervises preparation of logistics annexes for operations plans and orders, programming, general support, contingency, and exercise plans. Prepares, evaluates, and supervises all aspects of deployment planning, dispersal, sustainment, recovery, reconstitution, exercises, and logistics support procedures. Conducts installation surveys to determine support capability, manages limiting factors, and provides planning support for associated units.
Performs base support planning processes. Prepares and directs the compiling, coordinating, publishing, distributing, maintaining, and implementing of base support plans. Analyzes and identifies plan supportability. Identifies limiting factors, shortfalls, and alternate support methods to enhance supportability of transiting and beddown forces.
Performs deployment, employment, and logistics command and control processes. Prepares, compiles, coordinates, publishes, distributes, maintains, and implements deployment guidance. Prepares for and supervises deployments and redeployments. Establishes and operates a logistics command and control center. Monitors deploying personnel and equipment products. Reviews planning documents to determine deployment taskings. Inputs, extracts, and interprets data in automated information systems. Assists in beddown of combat forces, analyzes emergency action messages, and recommends solutions. Develops crisis action procedures in conjunction with other employed organizations. Maintains a close relationship between operations, logistics, and support organizations to enhance support of the combat mission. Analyzes and recommends requirements for forward movement of forces to support theater commanders. Integrates redeployment planning actions with functional area representatives.
Performs WRM functions. Develops guidance and supervises administration, surveillance, and management of WRM. Analyzes WRM reports to validate constraints and develop planning factors. Validates and monitors WRM deficiencies, participates in WRM review board, and assists in WRM requirements determination process.
Performs support agreement processes. Serves as installation support agreement manager and provides Functional Area Agreement Coordinator training. Performs coordination, and maintenance functions; guides preparation and negotiations of support agreements.
Knowledge. Knowledge is mandatory of: logistics planning techniques in functional areas of materiel management, maintenance, transportation, contracting, civil engineering, services, force protection, operations, personnel, comptroller, medical and legal as impacted by, and as they impact installation logistics planning; Air Force operations and organization; processes of deployment, beddown, employment, redeployment, and reconstitution; command and control techniques; techniques of conducting readiness assessments; data processing and electronic data processing equipment; basic budgeting techniques.
Education. For entry into this specialty, completion of high school is desirable.
Training. For award of AFSC 2G031, completion of a basic logistics plans course is mandatory.
Experience. The following experience is mandatory for award of the AFSC indicated:
- 2G051. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2G031. Also, experience in functions such as developing, evaluating, monitoring, or inspecting logistics activities, or preparing logistics plans and documents.
- 2G071. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2G051. Also, experience performing or supervising functions such as developing, evaluating, monitoring, or inspecting logistics activities, or preparing logistics plans and documents.
- 2G091. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2G071. Also, experience in managing functions such as developing, evaluating, monitoring, or inspecting logistics activities, or preparing logistics plans and documents.